Little Forest Nursery school is a 30 place nursery class within Kings’ Forest Primary School for children aged 3 and 4. Little Forest is run by school leaders and taught by a qualified teacher, it also has the benefit of access to the school’s highly qualified special educational needs co-ordinator and parent support worker.
Little Forest is a nursery class with the main focus on early year’s education and is open for 39 weeks each year in line with the school’s term dates. Session times are within the core school day with some paid wrap around care available. Sessions have been designed so that parents can easily access their free 15 or 30 hours entitlement.
- Morning session 9am – 12pm (3 universal hours)
- Afternoon session 12:30pm -3:30pm (3 universal hours)
- Full day 9am – 3pm (6 universal hours) or 9am – 3:30pm (6 universal hours with the addition of 30mins paid lunch club) A full day is made up of 2 sessions (morning and afternoon)
Parents are free to select sessions across the week however, there is a minimum attendance of three sessions per week. We believe that children need to attend at least three sessions to help them settle, build relationships and fully access the nursery education.
Wrap around care
- Breakfast club 8am -9am Cost £4.00 including breakfast
- Lunch club 12-12:30pm cost £2.00: plus optional £2.20 for a school lunch
Wrap around care for Little Forest pupils must be booked a term in advance.
Lunch club – children are able to attend lunch club from 12 – 12:30pm daily should parents wish, for a charge of £2.00 per day. Children are free to bring a packed lunch to these sessions or for £2.20 they may have a hot school meal. Little Forest lunch club children eat their lunch in the small hall with the Reception children.